The role of the Altar Worker Ministry is to assist those who come to the altar in making decisions in accepting the Lord as Savior as well as other personal prayer request. Follow-up with those who make decisions for Christ and assess their needs as the Holy Ghost, directs; answering questions about baptism, etc.
· Attend required Altar worker training sessions when offered.
· Become proficient in presenting the plan of salvation to lost individuals. Always use the scriptures in making your presentation.
· Become familiar with the different types of decisions a one may desire to make at the altar.
· Use the unique Altar worker pointers when dealing with children.
· Complete decision cards and furnish helpful tracks or information about the church to each person.
· Pray with every individual who comes forward to make a decision.