Usher's Ministry Team
The ministry of the usher goes far beyond opening a door. The purpose of an usher is to represent Christ to all that come to worship at the church. In a sense, they serve as the host of the building in which believers and strangers gather to seek God. This purpose alone expresses the privilege and responsibility that falls to a church usher. Adhere to the Ushering in
List of Responsibilities:
· Arrive early for worship service (30 minutes prior to starting time is usual).
· Make sure that all appropriate doors are opened and lights are turned on.
· Always check the rest-room facilities for cleanliness.
· If necessary, sweep or clean entrance ways.
· Check thermostat settings for appropriate cooling and heating.
· Pick up any trash on church pews and straighten hymnal rack materials.
· Make sure bulletins, offering plates, guest cards, and other needed materials are ready and available. Be clear on the order of worship.
· As guests arrive, greet them with a smile and a warm word of welcome. Introduce yourself.
· Assist people with information, materials, and seating as needed.
· During the service be aware of needs and move to meet such needs appropriately.
· Gather offerings during service. No usher should ever be left alone when the offering is being taken.
· Assure that small children do not enter restrooms unattended without parents.
|Sister Margaret Logan|